Building from source on FreeBSD

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Tue Feb 20 03:59:06 UTC 2018

On Monday, 19 February 2018 at 12:01:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I've never been able to figure this problem out, so I've I
> always just edited the makefile so that the two programs in
> CURL_TOOLS aren't built. IIRC, if you use -v to see the full
> linker command, it's even actually linking to the curl library
> that's there but somehow not succeeding. It's all quite weird.
> It's been a while since I dug into it though.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

ok... so I decided to dig into it a little further.

seems the problem relates to a single line, in dget.d

pragma(lib, "curl");

I just commented out the one line in dget.d, and it all seems to
build ok (including dget). So no need to comment out tools in
posix.mak anymore.