How do I use ncurses library with D? are there any wrapper?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jan 3 19:15:18 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 03:47:58PM +0000, Marc via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Long time ago, IIRC, I read somewhere there was a ncurses for D but
> now I can't find it are there any wrapper or am I mistaken? anyway,
> I'm doing it from scratch and not porting anything so even a library
> with same functionality as ncurses for D is welcome.

Depending on what you want to do, this might be just the ticket:

	https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/terminal.d

I've used this for several of my CLI programs, and it works quite well,
and is relatively easy to use.  Best of all: zero dependencies, just
copy terminal.d into a subdirectory called arsd, and `import
arsd.terminal;` and off you go.

Depending on what you want, you could also tack on eventloop.d from the
same repo, with an appropriate version=with_eventloop compiler option,
and you'll get a very nice event-driven API to handle keystrokes, etc..

When solving a problem, take care that you do not become part of the problem.