New integer promotion rules

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 16:22:42 UTC 2018

On 1/18/18 11:14 AM, ag0aep6g wrote:
>> Is there going to be a point where casts aren't needed? Otherwise,
>> this is pretty ugly.
>
> You don't need casts when you use `-transition=intpromote`.

Sure, but what does the statement "Once deprecated this will become an
error" mean? Will I have to use the -transition=intpromote switch
forever to avoid an error?

Thinking about the fact that the deprecation doesn't show an error for
the -transition switch, makes me think possibly the changelog message is
incorrect.

-Steve