New integer promotion rules

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Thu Jan 18 16:31:02 UTC 2018

> Sure, but what does the statement "Once deprecated this will become an
> error" mean? Will I have to use the -transition=intpromote switch
> forever to avoid an error?

As you quoted before: "Once deprecated this will become an error, and
then the C-like behavior will become the default."

I'm interpreting that to mean that it will become an error for some
time, but later it will be allowed again with the new behavior. And then
you can throw away `-transition=intpromote`.