-transition=safe and DIP1000

Carsten Blüggel invalid at posteo.de
Sun Jan 21 11:14:44 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 21 January 2018 at 10:27:05 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 January 2018 at 10:04:36 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
>
>> What is/was `transition=safe`?  I can't find any documentation
>> on it.

Adding -transition=? to the dmd (v2.078.0) command line doesn't
show safe listed.
My understanding is, currently read DIP1000 as:
"NB: this DIP is out of sync with -dip1000 compiler switch
implementation ...".

Yes, the representation of DIP1000.md deserves improvement: It
takes (too) much time to get a grip on it, maybe discouraging,
though the idea itself is not that complicated as it is
presented. I additionally warmly recommend Walter Bright's
"Pointers Gone Wild: Memory Safety and D - Walter Bright |
DConf2017" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDFhvCkCLb4