Command Line Parsing

ChrisPiker fake at noplace.org
Sat Jan 27 00:04:48 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 at 10:58:07 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 at 09:51:34 UTC, Russel Winder
> wrote:
>> Are Argon https://github.com/markuslaker/Argon or darg
>> https://github. com/jasonwhite/darg getting traction as the
>> default command line handling system for D or are they just
>> peripheral and everyone just uses std.getopt
>> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_getopt.html ?
>
> there is also Vladimir Panteleev's  ae.funopt
>
> https://blog.thecybershadow.net/2014/08/05/ae-utils-funopt/
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/utils/funopt.d

Thanks for mentioning this, looks to be just what the doctor
ordered.

Coming in from python I've been disappointed by getopt and
frustrated by Argon.  This looks like it might fit the bill.
Meta-names for option arguments ( ex: --index=FILE ) are an
efficient way to communicate intent to users, nice to see them
included.

Thanks,