Is https://tour.dlang.org under maintenance?

ChrisPiker fake at noplace.org
Sat Jan 27 02:59:24 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 27 January 2018 at 01:53:12 UTC, Seb wrote:
> It's still strange. Mind to open an issue and share screenshots
> here?
>
> https://github.com/dlang-tour/core/issues/new
I just tried going there on a Mint 18 system running firefox
57.0.1 and everything loaded just fine.

I'm hesitant to create more issue noise when the problem is only
present (so far) on a very specific old Linux distribution.  I
appreciate that D is mostly maintained by volunteers and don't
want to create useless work for them.

> BTW you can run the tour offline too:
>
> ```
> git clone https://github.com/dlang-tour/core
> cd core
> git submodule foreach git pull origin master
> dub
> ```
Not that it's worth debugging since wget should get the job done,
but there seems to be a dependency library missing on our
systems.  The error message when running dub was:

```
Compiling Diet HTML template tour.dt...
Compiling Diet HTML template editor.dt...
Linking...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -levent
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Error: linker exited with status 1
dmd failed with exit code 1.
```

> In D typically you just use `enforce`:
>
> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_exception.html#enforce
>
> (except for bigger projects / libraries, of course)
>
> Example:
>
> ```
> enforce("The environment variable FOOBAR isn't defined",
> "FOOBAR" !in environment);
> ```
Well that looks handy. Thanks!