How to proceed with learning to code Windows desktop applications?

I Lindström nota.real at address.com
Tue Jan 30 18:52:18 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 at 12:30:36 UTC, rjframe wrote:

> VS release builds compile to native now by default; for easy
> Windows programming, you really can't beat C# and drawing the
> GUI (Windows Forms, not necessarily the new stuff). If the OP
> wants to learn what's needed for more complex GUI tasks (like
> for most non-simple applications), learning to build a GUI from
> source is kind of necessary though.

I've been looking into C# and VS2017 today along with VisualD.
Reading through all this it looks like the simplest path is to
learn C# and VS and go from there. I've found a pile of courses
on LinkedIn that seem to build up to what I need. What makes me
sad is that I have to drop D for at least the time being.