How to proceed with learning to code Windows desktop applications?

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Wed Jan 31 09:33:18 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 at 18:52:18 UTC, I Lindström wrote:
> I've been looking into C# and VS2017 today along with VisualD.
> Reading through all this it looks like the simplest path is to
> learn C# and VS and go from there. I've found a pile of courses
> on LinkedIn that seem to build up to what I need. What makes me
> sad is that I have to drop D for at least the time being.

The good news is after you learn the basics of WinForms in C#,
you can take DFL and have basically all the same code in D. DFL
(D Forms Library) is a pure D thin wrapper around WinAPI that
looks like an identical twin of WinForms. There was even some
visual forms builder for it. And then, once you're familiar with
this kind of GUI lib, it's not hard to learn DlangUI or GtkD or
some other libraries mentioned above.
D does have GUI libs, just not books and courses about them.