Is it feasible to slowly rewrite a C++ codebase in D?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:08:50 UTC 2018

On Friday, 13 July 2018 at 07:51:51 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> I know about Vladimir's d-scripten tools library which would
> help, but it's based on Alawains library copyleft library,
> which makes also Vladimir's work copyleft, so I won't use it.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this. I wonder if the decision to make the
redistributable parts of dscripten was intentional (maybe the
intention was to apply the license only to the scripts which
build the toolchain).

I'll follow up with Alawain. Regardless, dscripten-tools borrows
very little from the redistributable parts of dscripten - mostly
the "minimalistic runtime", which I think was itself borrowed
from somewhere else.