A vibe.d thing

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Jul 31 15:20:50 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 08:39 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

[…]
> Hm.. it appears that there is a timeout exception thrown if there is
> no
> data within a certain time period. Are you getting that instead?

To be honest, I am not sure. From a "I haven't looked at the library
source, it's just a black box" all I can say is that if the buffer is
256 and there are >256 ubytes left the function returns but if there
are <256 ubytes left an exception is thrown. I haven't checked the type
of the exception or the exception message. Basically I got too annoyed
that the documentation was sensible and the implementation wasn't
meeting the documentation, I lost interest.

> I'm not completely familiar with the mechanisms here, but it does
> appear
> to obey the other modes properly in this iteration of the library.

I tried IOMode.all and IOMode.once but they both appeared to behave the
same. I can't remember trying IOMode.immediate.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200