What is the point of nothrow?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Thu Jun 14 22:27:42 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 19:06:07 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> As I said, personally, I think that the program shut just print
> and terminate rather than throwing an Error. Walter seems to

It makes perfectly sense for it to throw an error and not just
print and terminate.

This is especially true for server applications and especially
server applications running in the cloud where you do not
necessarily have access to a console, but you most likely will
have access to a database.

So in case of a thrown Error, you can catch it and log it to a
database.

If it was just printing it would be a lot hard to do such a task,
especially when you take permission etc. into account.

D would _never_ be fit for large scalable applications if it
wasn't possible to retrieve the errors on any system and
platform, no matter your limitations.