What is the point of nothrow?

wjoe none at example.com
Fri Jun 15 17:25:18 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 22:27:42 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 19:06:07 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
> So in case of a thrown Error, you can catch it and log it to a
> database.

No, you can't. Once the Error was thrown the program is in
invalid state and you can't assume the logging to database will
succeed.

If I understood Johnathan's explanations correctly, you can't
even be sure that the Error can be caught, since its only purpose
is to jump to the print and abort function.

This is exactly what I was asking about. Logging, cleanup,
executing an emergency stop..not possible.