CTFE and -betterC

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:58:56 UTC 2018

Le 15/03/2018 à 01:09, Flamaros a écrit :
> On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 01:17:54 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> You will still need DllMain, that is a platform requirement.
>
> I am not sure about that because when DllAnalyser don't see it in the opengl32.dll from the system32 directory. And the documentation indicate that it is optional.
>
> I finally choose to put the entry points generation in a sub-project that put them in a d file, like that it is easier to make the CTFE working and will be much better for the debugging and compilation time.
>
> So I have also some few other questions :
>  - Is it a bug that ctRegex doesn't with the return of allMembers?
>  - What is the status of the new CTFE engine?
>  - Will CTFE be able to write files or expose a way to see to resulting generated code for a debug purpose?
>  - Is there a reason why CTFE is impacted by the -betterC option?

I actually found token strings, but I can't figure out how to cascade them, it is even possible?
I tried things like that :

enum loadSystemSymbolsCode = q{
version (Windows)
{
     extern (Windows)
     void loadSytemSymbols()
     {
         import core.sys.windows.windows;

         immutable string dllFilePath = "C:/Windows/System32/opengl32.dll";

         auto hModule = LoadLibraryEx(dllFilePath, null, 0);
         if (hModule == null)
         {
             return;
         }
         writeln(dllFilePath ~ " loaded.");

         "%SYSTEM_BINDINGS%"
};

enum moduleCode = q{
module api_entry;

import std.stdio : writeln;
import derelict.util.wintypes;

export extern (C)
{
     mixin(loadSystemSymbolsCode);
}
};

string getLoadSystemSymbolsCode(string bindinsCode)()
{
     return loadSystemSymbolsCode.replace("%SYSTEM_BINDINGS%", bindinsCode);
}

string getModuleCode(string loadSystemSymbolsCode)()
{
     return moduleCode.replace("%LOAD_SYSTEM_SYMBOLS%", loadSystemSymbolsCode);
}

void    main()
{
     import std.stdio : File;

     auto file = File("../opengl32/src/api_entry.d", "w");

     file.writeln(
         getModuleCode!(
             getLoadSystemSymbolsCode!("test;")())
         );
}

Is there some materials for learning to do this kind of things with CTFE?