Slow start up time of runtime

HeiHon heiko.honrath at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 15:58:56 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 12:18:16 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Go into the Windows security center and uncheck the real time
> virus check protection. I betcha you'll see this delay (and a
> similar one on dmd itself, your compiles could be running at
> half-speed with this too) disappear and everything will seem a
> LOT faster.

I also noticed slow startup times for freshly compiled D programs.
And yes, I can verify that it's the Windows Defender's realtime
scan.
I switched it off (Windows 10) and dmd itself and the compiled D
program started just as fast as they should.
It gets better (with realtime scan enabled) when you compile your
programs with
dmd -O -release -m64 app.d