Is HibernateD dead?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Thu May 3 21:28:18 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 18:01:07 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> DiamondMVC looks nice, but I would need PostgreSQL support for
> sure.
> Therefore, I think there are three options:
>  1) Extend the DiamondMVC ORM to support missing features that
> Hibernated has (maybe make it use ddbc as backend?)
>  2) Revive Hibernated - contacting Vadim Lopatin would be key
> for that, and maybe the project could be maintained in the
> dlang-community organization (although there are competing
> projects for it...)
>  3) Find a different D ORM that does the job and expand it to
> include missing features.

Yes, I completely agree with PostgreSQL support. It's really
important to me getting that working, as well MSSQL. I was hoping
I could find time this weekend to actually do that.

Perhaps I will end up having another "optional" dependency to it
as a temporary until I can have a better implementation or
something.

The frontend part of postgresql is almost finished, it's just
having the postgresql driver working properly, which is where
it's frozen right now.

MSSQL should be fairly easy, just wrapping odbc, which perhaps I
could make a general odbc orm wrapper which could then be used
for pretty much all alternatives.