Is HibernateD dead?

Bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Tue May 8 05:22:03 UTC 2018

On Monday, 7 May 2018 at 18:15:17 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> On Monday, 7 May 2018 at 08:26:15 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> On Monday, 7 May 2018 at 06:12:19 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>>> If someone is ready to maintain these projects, I can grant
>>> privileges for github repositories ddbc, hibernated.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>     Buggins
>>
>> I wouldn't mind attempting maintaining them
>
> I would help out as much as I can as well (but I lack the skill
> and time to properly maintain it, especially since I mostly
> care about my Postgres usecase, and not much about MySQL or
> ODBC).
> Having ddbc in dlang-community might actually be a neat thing,
> to make it very easy for other contributors to merge stuff and
> easy the maintenance of it.
> But ultimately that's Bauss' call, as potential future
> maintainer :-)
>
> P.S: @Bauss: While you definitely will want ddbc as solid
> database abstraction, for Hibernated you might want to change
> it to be less Java-esque and maybe fit your existing ORM better.

Well it should still be backward compatible tbh. Even if
abstractions are put on top of it, since some people already rely
on it.

I agree it would be nice to have it part of the dlang-community
organization.

If that isn't possible then I'm open to have it a part of
Diamond's organization if he'd be okay with that. Anyone willing
to maintain it will get write access.

I believe it's better as a part of an organization rather than as
a personal repository, because it won't suffer from always
looking like it's a personal project.

Ultimately it's his call who should maintain it.