Dub dependency conflict resolution

Venkat venkatram.akkineni at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 17:50:57 UTC 2018

I couldn't find any documentation on how dub resolves dependency
conflicts. Here is my situation.

Package A has a dependency on package B-1.0.0 which has a
dependency on package C-1.0.0.

Package A declares a dependency on package C-1.0.1

How does dub behave in this situation. From what I see, it always
resolves C-1.0.0 and completely ignores the dependency on
C-1.0.1. Is there a way to force the usage of C-1.0.1, like
maven's exclude tags ?

NOTE: That description is not meant as an insult. Most people
here understand what a dependency conflict is. I am merely trying
to put my thought in writing.