C++ GLM(OpenGL Mathematics) D Equivalent.

JN 666total at wp.pl
Tue Sep 4 19:40:10 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 4 September 2018 at 19:23:16 UTC, SrMordred wrote:
> Most C++ game related projects uses GLM as they default
> math/vector lib (even if not using opengl).
>
> In D we have (that I found):
>
> gfm.math  - https://github.com/d-gamedev-team/gfm
> dlib.math - https://github.com/gecko0307/dlib
> Gl3n      - https://github.com/Dav1dde/gl3n
>
> But i'm not sure which to pick.
>
> Can someone point me out some reasons to use one over the
> other? (or show some differences)
>
> I´m expecting something of equivalent functions and performance
> as c++ glm.
>
> Thank you!

I use dlib.math for my 3D engine. It's working fairly well, can't
complain. No clue about gfm. Gl3n is nice, but it has a design
flaw - it's using row-major matrix ordering. It may or may not be
a big deal for you, but in general, it means that all matrices
being sent to OpenGL need to be transposed, and the matrix
multiplication order is reversed.

Another advantage of dlib.math is that it has some extended
features, such as support for calculating tangents for a mesh.