x64 Privileged instruction

Josphe Brigmo JospheBrigmo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:50:53 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 13:26:03 UTC, Stefan Koch
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 10:42:08 UTC, Josphe Brigmo
> wrote:
>> x64 gives
>>
>> Privileged instruction
>>
>> but x86 gives
>>
>> First-chance exception: std.file.FileException "C:\": The
>> filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
>> at std\file.d(4573)
>>

>> which is much more informative...
>>
>> seems like a bug to me.
>
> More context needed.
> What code does produce this behavior.

Lots of code. I pretty much always get this error.

Just throw.

It is a first chance exception so that should be clear enough.

The point is that x64 doesn't seem to handle first chance
exceptions and gives a privileged instruction.

This happens windows 10 visual D and I've had it happen for a
long time.