Iterate/sort associative array by value?

Julian julian.fondren at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 18:07:29 UTC 2019

On Monday, 8 April 2019 at 17:13:32 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Monday, 8 April 2019 at 08:31:33 UTC, Dennis wrote:
>> On Monday, 8 April 2019 at 07:53:23 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
>>> Why does DMD not give a hint, that an import from the
>>> standard lib might be missing? I find these explicit import
>>> statements very annyoing.
>>
>> There currently are a few hard-coded import hints for common
>> functions:
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/master/src/dmd/imphint.d
>>
>> But it definitely could be better.
>
> Yeah, it's not too hard to improve this.
> A quick start:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9576

I can't make an issue yet, but since they're asking for a
BugZilla issue,
a relevant one would be "published D examples fail without import
hints".
In the very first chapter of the D Programming Language, library
changes
result in errors for enforce (which you add) and
std.algorithm.splitter

The book has an errata but the compiler's the very first thing
that can
communicate "D has helpful error messages" instead of "maybe I
should
wait for this language to mature a bit more".

For more comprehensive hints, isn't the documentation generated?
Maybe,
patch docgen to generate this table as well.