Future of D language

Cym13 cpicard at purrfect.fr
Wed Apr 24 06:25:39 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 April 2019 at 05:22:35 UTC, Arjunkumar wrote:
> I am title bit confuse about learning D Lang and is it well
> good for future point of view. Currently in a market many of
> language is present, so why people learn D Lang and any site
> which provide best tutorials for D Lang?

The reason I use D is because I like having one language that I
can use for most tasks without having to worry that I might have
to switch to another language later.

If I need something low level I can do C-like programming and
interface easily with C libraries. If I need something high level
I can do that, if I want more safety guarantees that I'm not
writing bugs D can help with that, if I need to port a program
from another language D is likely to support its style already so
porting is easier, producing executables for linux or windows is
very easy, etc.

Is it the best at something? I don't know, probably not, but it's
good enough at everything that I can use it without worrying too
much about the futur of my project.

It's not all perfect though, the language itself is quite big and
growing, bugs exists (well, what project doesn't have bugs?) and
library support is not as extensive as some other langages. But
it served me well so far.