Help me decide D or C

a11e99z black80 at bk.ru
Thu Aug 1 15:42:08 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 1 August 2019 at 15:17:11 UTC, a11e99z wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 18:38:02 UTC, Alexandre wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I would like an honest opinion.
>> I have a beginner level (able to do very small programs) in a
>> few languages  such as python, go, C, guile(scheme) and common
>> lisp. I want to pick a language and go deep with it and focus
>> on only one for at least the next 2 years or so.
>>

> program bouncing ball on few languages and choose that more
> liked.
> learning language with numbers and strings only is boring.
>
> also you can program tasks from
> https://www.codingame.com/training/easy with dozen languages in
> web browser before install to local machine.
> some of them contains graphics
> https://www.codingame.com/ide/puzzle/power-of-thor-episode-1
> when u run tests.
> read data from stdin, print result to stdout, and use stderr
> for debugging with diagnostics messages.

imo better choice is (with criteria to find best job)
- Qt:
     C++ with any library that u need in one style
- C#:
     web, graphics, mobiles, command tools with nice language.
- Java/Kotlin:
     same as C# but in top-3. C# is top-5 with more comfort
language than Java. Kotlin same comfort as C#, but JVM (Virtual
Machine of Java and Kotlin) still does not support value types,
that is sucks.
- JavaScript/TypeScript:
     web-browser language with node.js that allows to program
server side too.
- You can try Python too.
     another dynamic language (as JavaScript). I don't like langs
that based on space/tabs so I can not say anything about it.

C is too low level language. and many resources is not best
criteria for it.
(like people says "there's definitely something in the shit, a
million flies can't be wrong").

D is stuck in some middle ages with subsistence economy, they
still have stone tools but now they found iron/steel :)