Slow UDF call?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Aug 19 04:50:22 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 09:42:00PM +0000, Giovanni Di Maria via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> I have also compiled with:
> dmd program.d -O -release -inline -boundscheck=off
>
> and the execution speed is very very fast.
[...]

If performance is important to you, I recommend checking out LDC. IME,
it consistently produces code that outperforms dmd-generated code by
about 20-30%, sometimes even as high as 40-50%, depending on the nature
of your code.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. -- Napoleon Bonaparte