D1: Trying to update Juno Library to 1.076

jicman jicman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 18:54:50 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 22 August 2019 at 18:26:52 UTC, jicman wrote:

> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.12
> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
> c:\D\import\juno\com\core.obj(core)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _VarCmp at 16
> c:\D\import\juno\com\core.obj(core)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _VarDecNeg at 8
>
> As you can see, there is nothing there...

So, I did a search through all the code and found these lines,

   int opCmp(VARIANT that) {
       return VarCmp(*this, that, GetThreadLocale(), 0) - 1;
   }

and

   int VarDecNeg(DECIMAL* pdecIn, out DECIMAL pdecResult);

Which I think call Kernel32.lib.  I found GetThreadLocale [1],
but after adding,

pragma(lib, "Kernel32.lib");

to the file, still get the same problem. (I also deleted all .obj
files and recompiled.  The interesting part is that 1.046
compiler, compiles and links. Interesting phenomenon.

josé

[1]
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winnls/nf-winnls-getthreadlocale