Java to D

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Aug 28 09:35:55 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-28 10:14, GreatSam4sure wrote:
> Good day everyone.
>
> DWT is a library for creating cross-platform GUI applications. It's a
> port of the SWT Java library from Eclipse. Currently supported platforms
> are Windows, using Win32 and Linux, using GTK.
>
> What are the tools and step involved in converting a java GUI toolkit to
> D2? Is it possible in D2? What are the tools and steps involved? Is
> there any tutorial involve? Can one get a mentor for such a program in
> the forum

DWT is ported manually from Java. Here's a very short guide [1]. That
guide is probably written for D1.

> I am thinking if it is possible to port JavaFX to D(i.e. DFx). That will
> be nice for the D language. Javafx is a nice GUI toolkit.
>
> I am basically interested in GUI desktop app that connects to the web
> for the now.
>
> I can do that on Java but I would love to use D if it is possible.
>

> I will be happy to be linked to material, tools, and tutorial that will
> be of help

I'm working on a tool do be able to automatically convert Java code to D
code [2]. It's been a while since I did any actual work on that project.
As far as I can remember, it can do a syntactic translation of most Java
code. What's remaining is the semantic translation.

[1] http://dsource.org/projects/dwt/wiki/Porting
[2] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/jport/tree/dev

--
/Jacob Carlborg