d programs conversion to c

Laeeth Isharc Laeeth at laeeth.com
Mon Dec 16 19:39:41 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 18:54:49 UTC, jicman wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I am trying to see if there are any converters out there from d
> code to c.  Anyone knows?  Thanks.
>
> josé

How many lines of code is it ?

It's not that bad to do it manually with help from regex.  If
you're good with vim macros like Robert Schadek then that may
help too.

There's a project to convert C code to Rust and some day I plan
to support something similar for C to D.

LLVM used to have a C backend that was revived by the Julia guys.
  Might get somewhere with that, but if it's not too big a
codebase assisted manual isn't that bad.  First version of
excel-d I had to do entirely manually as dpp didn't exist.