VisualD phobos link error, only when I implement a few simple classes on top of a hello world program.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Feb 6 19:42:09 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 05:53:05PM +0000, Enjoys Math via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> What is this phobos crap?
>
> I've tried renaming all my modules with an _ (underscore) in case they
> were colliding with phobos.
>
> ------ Build started: Project: BasicSimpleTypeTheoryApp, Configuration:
> Debug Win32 ------
> Building Win32\Debug\BasicSimpleTypeTheoryApp.exe...
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'phobos32mscoff.lib'
> Building Win32\Debug\BasicSimpleTypeTheoryApp.exe failed!
>
> All I have is two abstract classes essentially with 2 1-line methods,
> nothing out-of-the ordinary.
[...]

It has nothing to do with colliding identifiers.  You're missing a path
to Phobos.  Probably dmd.conf or some other configuration file doesn't
have the correct path defined, or you're missing (the correct version
of) the Phobos library file(s) for some reason.

Verbing weirds language. -- Calvin (& Hobbes)