Linux & DMD & GtkD

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:35:57 UTC 2019

Hi guys,

I finally got a Linux Mint installation happening (very
impressed, BTW) and did the usual HelloWorld.d compile with dmd,
but I'm having trouble working out how to link to GtkD.

dmd -de -w -m64 -L+gtkd hello_gtkd_world.d

says it can't find MainWindow which tells me the gtkd libraries
are not installed, are not included in the path, or some other
oversight on my part.

I tried using whereis to find gtkd, but to no avail.

Questions:

1. Am I using the right syntax in the above command line?

2. How to search for things on Linux Mint

The recommendations I've found so far are for the gnome search
tool which spits out an error:

Package gnome-search-tool is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source