Error with matplotlib

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Tue Feb 19 11:57:00 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 00:05:46 UTC, Samir wrote:
> On Monday, 18 February 2019 at 21:50:25 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> In the meantime you could adapt the python script on your
>> local file system in the dub packages cache folder as
>> described here
>> https://github.com/koji-kojiro/matplotlib-d/pull/11/files
>
> Andre,
>
> Thank you very much for your help today!
>
> I copied the version of prebuild.py located here[1] and
> replaced the version located at
> /home/samir/.dub/packages/matplotlib-d-0.1.4/matplotlib-d/python locally on my machine after which the program ran.
>
> I guess I still have the question as to why does the error
> message refer to issues in
> /home/samir/.dub/packages/matplotlib-d-0.1.4/matplotlib-d/source/matplotlibd/pyplot.d-mixin-41 when the solution was changing /home/samir/.dub/packages/matplotlib-d-0.1.4/matplotlib-d/python/prebuild.py?
>
> Apologies for all of the questions -- I'm just trying to better
> understand how to incorporate other packages in my simple
> programs.
>
> Samir
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/koji-kojiro/matplotlib-d/blob/master/python/prebuild.py

The python script generates a list of available functions in the
python package.
This list will be used to generate D coding at compilation time.
That is the reason, the error occurs in a mixin.
Unfortunately one function had the same name as a D keyword (it
was the keyword deprecated). The fix was to exclude this function
from the list.

I think this is the only dub package working this way, as it
might be the only
package which wrapping python code.

Kind regards
André