How to include curl.lib?

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Fri Jan 18 17:55:51 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 January 2019 at 15:49:09 UTC, Head Scratcher wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 20:42:48 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>
>> You do not need to specify curl.lib but you have to bundle
>> your executable with curl.dll.
>> Recent Windows 10 versions might even come with curl.dll but I
>> am not 100% sure.
>

> Thank you for your reply, Andre. My computer has curl.exe in
> the Windows\System32 folder, but I'm not sure I can guarantee
> that any users of my EXE will have that.
>
> I am writing a utility program that performs FTP. According to
> the std.curl source code, curl.lib can be statically linked. Is
> that not the case?

I thought also the libcurl.dll is available but it doesn't seems
so. The curl executable does not have any use in your case.
I am not an expert in this area but I think it should be
possible, but I do not how.
I can only give you the advice to start with the dll approach. At
any point later you can just switch to the static linking
approach.
Depending on the license type of your application you might also
check whether you are allowed to statically bind curl.

Kind regards
Andre