To learn D

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 13:56:18 UTC 2019

On Friday, 5 July 2019 at 12:00:15 UTC, Binarydepth wrote:
> I've considering learning full D. I remembered that D is not
> recommended as a first language, So I read time ago.
>
> So my question, is learning C and Python a good intro before
> learning D?
>
> TY

Ali's book is targeted at beginners (see link below).  I don't
see why D wouldn't make a good first language.  If your objective
is to learn D, then I don't think learning C or Python is going
to be help that much.  Obviously if you know C/Python you can
learn D more quickly, but I doubt the effort is worth it if D is
the ultimate goal.

http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html