To learn D

Samir samir at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 15:03:04 UTC 2019

On Friday, 5 July 2019 at 13:56:18 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
> Ali's book is targeted at beginners (see link below).  I don't
> see why D wouldn't make a good first language.  If your
> objective is to learn D, then I don't think learning C or
> Python is going to be help that much.  Obviously if you know
> C/Python you can learn D more quickly, but I doubt the effort
> is worth it if D is the ultimate goal.
>
> http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

I will second Craig's recommendation to spend some time going
through Ali's book.  It strikes a good balance between being an
introduction to programming in general, and to D in particular.
While I have dabbled in half a dozen languages or so over the
years, I find D to be a lot more accessible than many of the
other languages I've tried.  Part of that comes do the language
design (similarities to C and Python) but mostly to the helpful
community you will find here.  Good luck!