Using python in D

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 07:29:13 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 9 June 2019 at 03:42:23 UTC, rnd wrote:

> Thanks for guidance.
>
> I also wanted to know: Once executable is successfully created,
> will it work on systems where Python and pandas are not
> installed?

That is unlikely. PyD is just a D package, it doesn't have the
ability to mess up with your project files to pack proper
shippable app.

On linux it also adds complexity due the way how dynamic
libraries are handled (i.e. need to set this fancy RPATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, whatever else necessary), so I would first make
isolated python copy using venv(and install required packages)
and then copy it to your final redistributable dir, might also
require messing a bit with linker flags (to tell where to look
for shared libs), but anyway it all depends on what prebuilt
python depends, for example it will likely fail if run on older
distro or just distro with older libc, or if any of its other
dependencies being older or missing.

As for py_import issue you can also try do import within py_stmt
and see if it works(assuming python has all relevant paths set
up).