Request some GtkD Assistance

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 10:01:40 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 at 09:07:37 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 at 06:55:53 UTC, Andrew Edwards
> wrote:
>
>> dmd -de -w -Llibgtkd-3.a nufsaid
>
> try
> dmd -de -w -lgtkd-3 nufsaid

No. That did not work.

> dmd -de -w -L/path/to/lib nufsaid

This would is already included in dlang.conf no? Yes furnishing
an explicit path works.
dmd -de -w -L/Users/edwarac/dlang/dmd-2.085.0/osx/lib/libgtkd-3.a
nufsaid

But why do I need to do that if it's sitting right next to phobos
and DMD is already searching that directory for libraries?

>> dlopen(libgdk-3.0.dylib, 258): image not found
>
> it that a typo? gdk not gtk?

No. This i correct.

> Regardless gtkD is bindings to gtk which are separate, make
> sure you have gtk installed and in your path.

gtk was the first think I installed, no issues there. I have
found a solution to this. brew install gdk+3 does the trick.

Thank you.