Request some GtkD Assistance

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Wed Mar 27 19:18:17 UTC 2019

On 27-03-2019 11:01, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> This would is already included in dlang.conf no? Yes furnishing an
> explicit path works.
> dmd -de -w -L/Users/edwarac/dlang/dmd-2.085.0/osx/lib/libgtkd-3.a nufsaid
>
> But why do I need to do that if it's sitting right next to phobos and
> DMD is already searching that directory for libraries?

That because of the way the dmd and the linker interpret the arguments.

-L tell dmd to pass the command that follows to the linker.
To tell the linker to link with a library in a known location you would
use the -l flag.

For the value passed to -l the linker will prefix `lib` and postfix

So the following should work properly:
`dmd -de -w -L-lgtkd-3 nufsaid'

--
Mike Wey