druntime giving wrong line for copy assert?

Rudy Raab TransientResponse at outlook.com
Wed May 1 12:29:18 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 30 April 2019 at 20:35:11 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 April 2019 at 13:59:52 UTC, Rudy Raab wrote:
>> The error was on line 36, which is the format, not my bad
>> slice. Is there a reason for this, or is it a bug
>
> The message is correct when not using dub:
> https://run.dlang.io/is/chFTOY
>
> I suspect that if you remove the dub related lines and put it
> in an empty dub project, it will produce a correct message. So
> it looks like a bug in dub from where I am sitting. Maybe dub
> adds lines behind the scene?
>
> Bastiaan.

I had it as a single file dub project because it was a distilled
version of an example from a larger dub project I was working on,
and I wanted to keep everything as similar as possible. But you
are correct, the incorrect error line only appears when it's
built with dub.

I'll go looking at dub bugs and see if it hasn't been reported
yet.