OT - Git training Lon/HK and book recommendation on taste in programming

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri May 3 10:31:56 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-05-01 at 09:51 +0000, Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-
learn wrote:
> Hi.
>
> First question - can anyone recommend git / Gitlab training
> providers in HK and London?  Two distinct audiences - highly
> intelligent people that may or may not really program, and
> experienced developers with a finance background that could
> benefit from knowing how to use git properly (finance is often in
> the dark ages).

There were some sessions on Git at ACCU 2019 they might prove useful to
the programmer audience, but definitely not the non-programmer
audience!

The presenters of the sessions are, I believe full time employees and
so not available for  training workshops. Some of them would be fine
with programmers and totally useless with non-programmers. Some of them
though have the empathy to work with either. It might be worth
approaching them to see if they are interested in "on the side" work.

Otherwise there are some UK-based trainers who know Git well enough,
and have the empathy to deal with the non-programmers, but whether they
could stay ahead of the programmers with Git is an open question. But
then co-learning is a standard approach if they know that way of
working.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200