1 - 17 ms, 553 ╬╝s, and 1 hnsec

kdevel kdevel at vogtner.de
Fri May 17 18:02:04 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 20:31:23 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 20:17:37 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer

[...]

>> hnsecs is more confusing than nanoseconds. People know what a
>> nanosecond is, a hecto-nano-second is not as familiar a term.
>
> Agreed, which is why Duration.toString shouldn't be used to
> present durations to users.
>
> Developers, however, are expected to know what a
> hectonanosecond is, same as with all the other technical terms.

"hectonanosecond" looks like an illegal combination of SI
prefixes [1]. I recommend changing the meaning of hnsecs to
"[one] hundred nanoseconds".

[1] "Prefixes may not be used in combination."
     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix