1 - 17 ms, 553 ╬╝s, and 1 hnsec

Alex AJ at gmail.com
Sat May 18 06:13:22 UTC 2019

On Friday, 17 May 2019 at 18:02:04 UTC, kdevel wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 20:31:23 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 20:17:37 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
>
> [...]
>
>>> hnsecs is more confusing than nanoseconds. People know what a
>>> nanosecond is, a hecto-nano-second is not as familiar a term.
>>
>> Agreed, which is why Duration.toString shouldn't be used to
>> present durations to users.
>>
>> Developers, however, are expected to know what a
>> hectonanosecond is, same as with all the other technical terms.
>
> "hectonanosecond" looks like an illegal combination of SI
> prefixes [1]. I recommend changing the meaning of hnsecs to
> "[one] hundred nanoseconds".
>
> [1] "Prefixes may not be used in combination."
>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix

It through me off, it really  makes no sense. The purpose of a
prefix is to define something better. hectonano seems
contradictory... and is it any different than nanohecto?

There really is no point in it, the whole reason for the metric
system is to provide a hierarchical resolution. Just use nano or
pico....