Meson build system user learning D.

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu May 23 06:14:11 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-05-23 at 04:21 +0000, Mike Brockus via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> […]
>
> That is cool that Atila was kind enough to accept the meson.build
> file.  But how do I use the written meson.build that is
> apparently in the subdirectory directory "build"?  Just asking
> because normally I see a meson.build in the root of the project.

Having the meson.build in the project root directory is the norm, and
that was where I put it originally. However, Atila chose to leave only
the Dub build in the root directory and place all other build-related
files in the build directory. This is not a problem since Meson is
entirely happy with that structure.

I have my clone of unit-threaded in
~/Repositories/Git/Fork/Unit_Threaded and
I build in ~/BuildArea/Unit_Threaded. My meson command in the build
directory is:

meson --prefix=$HOME/Built ~/Repositories/Git/Fork/Unit_Threaded/built

and this works fine. I then build and install using Ninja. To date it
all works for me. If you try this and something goes wrong put an issue
on the unit-threaded GitHub project area and email me in case I don't
get a notification from the issue system.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200