Meson build system user learning D.

Mike Brockus michaelbrockus at icloud.com
Mon May 27 16:13:27 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 06:14:11 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-05-23 at 04:21 +0000, Mike Brockus via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> […]
>>
>> That is cool that Atila was kind enough to accept the
>> meson.build file.  But how do I use the written meson.build
>> that is apparently in the subdirectory directory "build"?
>> Just asking because normally I see a meson.build in the root
>> of the project.
>
> Having the meson.build in the project root directory is the
> norm, and that was where I put it originally. However, Atila
> chose to leave only the Dub build in the root directory and
> place all other build-related files in the build directory.
> This is not a problem since Meson is entirely happy with that
> structure.
>
> I have my clone of unit-threaded in
> ~/Repositories/Git/Fork/Unit_Threaded and
> I build in ~/BuildArea/Unit_Threaded. My meson command in the
> build
> directory is:
>
> meson --prefix=$HOME/Built
> ~/Repositories/Git/Fork/Unit_Threaded/built
>
> and this works fine. I then build and install using Ninja. To
> date it all works for me. If you try this and something goes
> wrong put an issue on the unit-threaded GitHub project area and
> email me in case I don't get a notification from the issue
> system.

I tried that custom command voodoo then I tried to use 'dub' as a
method for hunting down dependencies.  Basically got something
like this.

'''
     Found DUB: /usr/local/bin/dub (DUB version 1.15.0, built on
May  4 2019)
     Dependency unit-threaded found: NO

     meson.build:71:0: ERROR: Dependency "unit-threaded" not found
'''