Meson build system user learning D.

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon May 27 16:49:45 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 16:13 +0000, Mike Brockus via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> […]
>
> I tried that custom command voodoo then I tried to use 'dub' as a
> method for hunting down dependencies.  Basically got something
> like this.

Apologies but I am not sure what you have tried. Installing unit-
threaded as a shared library is so as to build a D project without dub
at all. What I didn't say in the previous email is that if you are
installing libraries not to the standard place you have to set some
environment variables. In my case, consistent with the build
instructions I gave for my case:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=.:/home/users/russel/Built/share/pkgconfig:/home/users/russel/Built/lib/pkgconfig
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/home/users/russel/Built/lib

Having . in the paths is not something everyone does though.

> '''
>      Found DUB: /usr/local/bin/dub (DUB version 1.15.0, built on
> May  4 2019)
>      Dependency unit-threaded found: NO
>
>      meson.build:71:0: ERROR: Dependency "unit-threaded" not found
> '''

This seems like you are using Dub from within the Meson/Ninja build,
this is not something I do. I know you can use Dub from Meson to deal
with dependencies, but this is not something I do. I build all the
dependencies and then build the application without Dub.

If using Dub from Meson to handle dependencies becomes the de facto
standard I'll give it a whirl.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200