is the runtime implemented in betterC?

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Fri Nov 8 13:52:18 UTC 2019

On Friday, 8 November 2019 at 10:40:15 UTC, dangbinghoo wrote:
> hi,
>
> is the runtime d code implemented purely with betterC?
>
> i was thinking that what's happening when we building ARM dlang
> compiler, when the dlang compiler ready in the first, there's
> no ARM version of the runtime lib and phobos, so, it's likely
> we are using bare metal D and trying to build the runtime.

druntime is not compiled as `-betterC`, because the entire point
of `-betterC` is to prevent a dependency on druntime, at least at
link-time [so C forward declarations and some templates can be
used by code compiled as `-betterC`].

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve; you can easily
cross-compile druntime & Phobos with LDC, see
https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_runtime_libraries.