Phobos License question

René Heldmaier rene.heldmaier at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 11:08:39 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 16 November 2019 at 10:02:58 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 November 2019 at 09:21:41 UTC, René Heldmaier
> wrote:

Thanks a lot for the lengthy reply ;). I live in Germany by the
way...

> statement "Copyright 2019, My Name" is incomplete though. It
> would be better to state "Copyright 2019, My Name and others
> (see individual files)".

I'll do that. Should i do it the same way for authors on module
level? e.g
Authors: René Heldmaier and others (see individual files)

> Just follow the license to the letter… Copy in the code you
> build on and modify it in place. You ought to be able to add
> your own code above or below it, just mark the boundaries with
> comments. You can also modify the code of course, then just add
> your name to the list of authors.

My plan is now to put this comment above each copied function:

/* The following function is derived from phobos std.complex
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/master/std/complex.d
    Authors:     Lars Tandle Kyllingstad, Don Clugston
    Copyright:   Copyright (c) 2010, Lars T. Kyllingstad.
    License:     $(HTTP boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt, Boost License
1.0)
    Modified by: René Heldmaier
*/

You think that's ok?