What is the extension of ".pdf"

mipri mipri at minimaltype.com
Fri Oct 4 20:12:47 UTC 2019

On Friday, 4 October 2019 at 19:58:16 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to solve the puzzle
> https://www.codingame.com/training/easy/mime-type but have some
> issue because std.path:extension returns null for file name
> ".pdf" while the puzzle (test case 3) expects that the
> extension is ".pdf".
>
> Is the puzzle wrong or the phobos extension implementation?

The implementation is very likely thinking of Unix dotfiles, like
.bash_profile, where the intent is to hide the file from normal
displays rather than suggest an extension.

I don't see a mention of dotfiles in the source, but it has these
tests:

     assert(extension(".foo".dup).empty);
     assert(extension(".foo.ext"w.dup) == ".ext");