do mir modules run in parallell

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 05:32:34 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 5 October 2019 at 14:51:03 UTC, David wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 October 2019 at 04:38:34 UTC, 9il wrote:
>> On Friday, 4 October 2019 at 20:32:59 UTC, David wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am wondering if MIR modules run in parallel by default or
>>> if I can enforce it by a compiler flag?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> David
>>
>> Hey David,
>>
>> Do you mean unittests run in parallel or mir algorithms
>> themselves run in parallel?
>>
>> Ilya
>
> Hi Ilya
>
> Thanks for coming back on this and sorry for not being precise.
> I am wondering about the Mir algorithms.
>
> David

mir-blas, mir-lapack, and lubeck parallelism depend on system
BLAS/LAPACK library (OpenBLAS, Intel MKL, or Accelerate Framework
for macos).

mir-optim by default single thread but can use TaskPool from D
standard library as well as user-defined thread pools.

mir-random was created for multithread programs, check the
documentation for a particular engine. The general idea is that
each thread has its own engine.

Other libraries are single thread but can be used in multithread
programs with Phobos threads or other thread libraries.

Best,
Ilya