Blog Post #77: Notebook, Part I

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:44:39 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 at 03:13:48 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:

> Good works

Thanks, GreatSam4sure.

> Is there any way to detect the size of my screen using gtkd? So
> that incan calculate the size of my screen and center my window
> on the screen using move(x, y).

I had a quick look into this and there is no straightforward
solution, so I can't give you an immediate answer. It would be
easier to explain with a demo, so I'll need some time to work one
up. I've put it on my to-do list.

> Besides can you convert all your posts to a pdf that is easily
> downloadable for those with little internet access?

I've been thinking about an ebook based on the blog, something
that would start with installing a development environment, go
into how to organize and write each part of an application, and
end with how to distribute the finished product. It's in very
early stages ATM, but I'm open to any suggestions you (or anyone
else) may have for how to make it as useful as possible.