What is the recommend tool for D linting from CI pipelines? Does such a tool exist at all?

Carsten Schlote carsten.schlote at gmx.net
Sat Oct 12 12:09:22 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 12 October 2019 at 11:37:12 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> - With next Dub version, d-scanner is integrated. Just call dub
> lint within your dub project folder. This also makes the CI use
> case much greater.

Sound like the best solution. Using dub seems to be the best way
for build D apps, libs and even ddox. Having built-in linting
with a proper return value and some usable output formats would
make it perfect.

> That said, we are just at the starting point of using d-scanner
> in CI. There might be here and there missing features.

That would be no problem, as long as things are evolving ;-)

> Contribution in form of suggestions or even pull requests are
> highly welcome.

Yes, there are still some ideas. E.g. some kind of support to
directly compile C source files and link their objects with the
rest would be fine. It turned out, that sometimes it is much
easier to have some thin C layer to call other libs, and just
call the extern(C) wrapper function. This gives better control.
For now, we use the preBuild/preGenerate hooks to call make on
such files.

Carsten