Blog Post #79: Notebook, Part III - Customized Tabs, Part I

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Oct 15 14:00:32 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 12:07:22 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> Well, if that title isn't confusing, I'm not doing my job right.
>
> Today's post starts a three-part mini-series within the
> Notebook series on building customized tabs in a DrawingArea.
> There's a ton of stuff to go over; that's why it's in three
> parts.
>
> Anyway, the fun begins right here:
> https://gtkdcoding.com/2019/10/15/0079-notebook-iii-custom-tabs-i.html

thank you so much for these tutorials! I love how they are
progressing.

Small, simple and concise topics with good images, nice drawings,
and most importantly, paragraphs explaining the logic along with
the code.

I am also fan of your consistent style of the website and the
tutorial images. Keep up the great work on these tutorials! They
are a great resource showing people how to easily do great GUIs
in D and will surely attract a lot of people.

Could you maybe do a tutorial how to use Glade with D in the
future? Glade is a visual GTK forms editor and there are 2 dub
packages to generate D code from the forms files. (one very new
one with nice explanations and one that is a year old with a bit
less documentation)
I don't really have too much experience with Glade but I'm sure a
little bit of entry level Glade tutorial alongside with how to
directly use it in D will surely attract a lot of people!